Wednesday 5 August 2009

Wenger ends Chamakh transfer, Phew


Arsene Wenger has stated that Marouane Chamakh's potential transfer to Arsenal is effectively dead. Wenger had made a bid of £6m for Chamakh but Bordeaux have valued the player at £15m which Wenger sees as a deal breaker. Arsene also made the point that Chamakh's contract is near to expiring,

"In five months, if he doesn't prolong his contract, Chamakh will be free to talk to any club and Bordeaux won't get anything,"

And also is it just me but didn't i hear that when we were originally linked with Chamakh (I'm so fed up of spelling his name) had a buyout clause of around the 5-7m mark? Anyway, I won't be shedding any tears over Wenger's decision and hope his other statements leads the way for a better option to come to the club.

"My offer seems fair to me. Chamakh would be good, but there are other options should we wish to pursue them."

I really, really hope it's Huntelaar, as his goalscoring record is phenomenal alone and if he even halved ratio in half for a first season in england would be great!

Of course there are other options we've been linked with that would also do a great job but what do who do you think would be the best?

Anyway I'm rambling so i'll wrap it up quickly. This is the first "proper" post you could say so i'd love feedback from you guys. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment